8 months postpartum
Have a family birthday party to attend this afternoon. I put this on and looked at myself like yeah I look good! Went to take a picture to boost my ego more and all I seen was huge arms and a dreadful c-section belly. I’ve never been content with my body but before Kālī I remember being satisfied. I desperately need to get out of this perfect mom hangup I have. I nurse her, clean the house, make meals, wash clothes, try to workout go to work and take care of my sisters baby tue, Thurs and Fri. I’m tired of trying to have the flat stomach the perky boobs and a big booty. I can’t be lucky enough to be Kim kardashian who looks fab for having a baby a year ago. I want to look in the mirror and be satisfied again. Kālī woke up from her nap crying. Stopping my photo shoot before I got the “perfect” shot I nursed her hoping she would fall back asleep so I can try again. And as I looked down at her and she looked up at me that’s when I felt like a super model. Because I am her mommy and she thinks I’m the fiercest thing walking
1. Because a woman brought into this world will inevitably be given pepper spray “just in case.”
2. Because by sixteen, a young girl knows how to avoid being sexually assaulted, while a boy of the same age does not fear sexual assault in the slightest.
3. Because a girl who mocks men is a bitch, and a boy who mocks women is joking.
4. Because a girl who has sex is a slut, and a boy who has sex is a man.
5. Because in a murder, the killer is at fault, but the blame of rape is often put on the victim.
6. Because we teach girls how not to get raped instead of teaching anyone simply not to rape.
7. Because a woman should put more clothes on if her outfit makes a man uncomfortable, because his self control is her responsibility.
8. Because feminists just need to chill out.
9. Because a 22 year old sex-obsessed virgin can murder 7 people, and the problem is that someone should’ve just slept with him.
10. Because not all men are predators, but yes, all women are prey.
There’s a fucking womanifesto for you.
You don’t think you’ll live past it and you don’t really… The person you were is gone, but the half of you that’s still alive wakes up one day and takes over again.
Almost 9 months since Kālī
Has been born and I am still trying to get these medical claims together, this morning I spent a good 2 hours on the phone with the insurance company, medi-cal, and a collection agency. I feel like the stress of these bills are taking away from Kālīs first year! I was looking through pictures of her yesterday and I don’t even remember her looking the way she did. It broke my heart.
Stand Like This for 2 Minutes Per Day
No, for real, though—this is a thing. Not sure about the science behind it, but it makes me feel fancy and powerful regardless. I highly recommend it.
There actually is legit science behind this. In fact, here’s an entire TED Talk about the science behind it, and the confidence-related chemicals that your brain produces JUST BY YOU STANDING LIKE THIS.